Technical Sales Representative
Location: South West, UK
This is a field-based role, you will be allocated the South-West England sales area to concentrate your sales activities. You will also be expected to assist other areas as and when required as well as assist at any exhibitions that the company may attend. When required, Sales product demonstrations can take place at any of our regional offices where a desk for administration purposes is also available for use.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Job Purpose: Represent Mitutoyo in a professional manner, manage existing customer accounts and generate new customers in order to achieve sales growth.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Visit clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Understand the Principles of Metrology to a high level.
- Generate sales leads and pass to relevant specialists when applicable.
- Liaise with Specialists to follow-up sales leads and report status.
- Assist with the preparation of quotations.
- Negotiate with prospective clients.
- Preparing sales reports and targets.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Assist Finance department with client payment queries.
- Utilise the companies IT platforms to maintain client sales records.
- Responding to client queries such as credit terms, products, prices and availability.
- Assist with and attend exhibitions as necessary.
- Undertake additional duties as requested by your line manager.